RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long 6.0 IR Battle System review
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

During a recent IR battle day with the San Diego Tank Club there was a chance to test the 6.0 IR system on an overcast day while using the sunshade mod. Happy to report that the 6.0 IR system was able to keep pace with all the others in attendance. It was even able to exchange static hit for hit with my Tamiya M51 at almost 200ft ! This would seem unbelievable, but was witnessed by several of the club members.

The hit indication red LED mod proved to work well, but a slight improvement was still needed. Prior to the battle day I added a third basic red LED coming out and above the commanders hatch (see photo below) that can be tucked away out of sight under the hatch when not needed. This additional red LED worked if one was close enough to see it ~15ft. After the battle I replaced this red LED with a brighter clear LED that illuminates red while lighted (see photo below). As you can see it is quite bright and should now be able to be seen much further away. Plus it is not as noticeable and looks less intrusive.

I have to say I am really liking the HL 6.0 system and the T72. So much so I bought another T72 to due a "modernization/update/life extension program" themed build thread starting soon.

Notice basic red LED above and rear of commanders hatch. It was not bright enough when lit.

New clear/red LED

Clear/red LED is much brighter and can be see we lighted much further away.

Last edited by Fsttanks; 11-01-2019 at 10:34 AM.