RCU Forums - View Single Post - HAYA 1/16 RC Chieftain
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 06:21 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2

Photo Way Above: The Tiran 5 build from the Hooben Kit is impressive! Well done. As to this Cold War rc model’s price point, there are way better RC tank build options for a tough, reliable rc infrared indoor and or outdoor fighter. Get and build any 1/16 Tamiya RC Tank Kit and have fun, my best recommend. I see this new rc model as a good platform to build, detail, paint upon and then add to my Cold War tank collection. Bashing, running and driving/fighting this model in rc club battle games will not be my build direction. The simple goal; happy with a carpet runner and nice looking shelf queen. Though, perhaps Daryl Turner will apply his engineering and fabrication magic to the Haya Chieftain. And if ETO Armor sells the upgrade parts, perhaps I’d build a second purposed as an infrared fighter/basher.
  1. Photos FYI: My Tamiya KV1 Kit was under engineered in regards to the hull bracing, running gear, idler setup etc. Did not piss me off, just commissioned Mr Turner to resolve all the kit issues. Part of the build fun!
  2. Narrowing the sales objections tip: Just set the new Chieftain on a big rock in your backyard and take a photo of it and you’ll make Fsttanks and Rich Johnson really happy!

John

In regards to your last paragraph. You sir are all talk and no show. You talk big online about how great your IR battle tanks and what is needed for a good battle tank YET NEVER have I seen you at any local battles in over two years. So I will drop you a challenge little John. My best against your best at the next LA Tank Club or San Diego Tank Club battle and let’s see who builds the best fighting tanks. Your not afraid to loose to someone who only drives on rocks are you?

Last edited by Fsttanks; 11-07-2019 at 06:23 PM.