RCU Forums - View Single Post - Roger Purcell's Scream Machine!!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 06:33 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lownverted

Well, my design experience says otherwise. It’s a constant chord wing,with a thinnish symmetrical section, box fuse and largeish surfaces. Nothing magic about that no matter what the marketing hype says. That’s not to say it’s not a good flying plane though, it probably is. But to insinuate that this plane can’t be matched in performance or strength is laughable. Anyone who has been building and designing long enough can see through that.

BTW, Q500’s are going 190 mph and pulling way more G than this ever will, so stop spouting that nonsense too.
Kudos to you for the sanity check... the hype is just too much. No matter how well they fly - or anything else does - there is a difference between enthusiasm and BS. Modellers, in my experience, are a demographic highly prone to believing hype and defending it until they are blue in the face despite obvious clues and physical laws to the contrary. Everyone wants to be the guy in the know, most of the time the competition seems to be who can come up with the most hyperbole and use the most exclamation marks in their post.
The following users liked this post:
combatpigg (01-11-2023)