RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:54 AM
Hyjinx

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
I have a difficult time figuring MAC, but with the correct specs the VR nails the CG every time. It is such a simple set up, a block of wood with a friction fit dowel in it, a hook at the top for the rope, and a pulley to attach to a hook in the ceiling. I have a large string that I loop around the fuse and wrap 6 times around each side of the dowel so I can twist the dowel and move the nose up and down. Then a big heavy plumb bob is dropped dead center of the block and the tip is just above the area to measure. It is that simple. I have a very light weight plastic level, I think it came with the CG balancer, but not sure, and place that on the tail, then add weight were needed with minor adjustments of the dowel to keep the bubble level until the tip of the plumb is where I want it. Works perfect every time. Largest plane I balanced with it was the Rascal 168.

The only one I had problems with was the Biper Cub because I have no idea where the balance point should be on it and I made it too tail heavy.
Hey all.
So the bottom line on the VR rig is: the device is limited to verifying factory or otherwise obtained settings. Device can not set a flyable cg on a plane with an unknown cg setting. Simply stated , is this a correct statement
Yes or no.
Can't put this question to bed by any other means....