RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jp electric landing gear????
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 06:35 PM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Len Todd
My T-1's OEM electric gear works great. Just toss the JP controller and put in an LGC 15. Eliminate the permanent magnets in the hubs and properly set the wheel's axial tolerance and they work just fine. The gear operators have been flawless. If you are flying off grass you need to keep any gear and operators clean. If you fly a lot, you need to make sure the axial tolerance does not increase, due to wear, to the point that the disk drops off the support pins. Also, keep the electro magnets clean when flying off dirt of grass. But, … my prolinks need all the same type of attention. Any electric gear needs it.

The OEM gear motors can not be run with > 7.5 VDC. The JP controller regulates voltage. Xicoy controllers do not. Need to use a separate voltage regulator with a xicoy controller or use a lower voltage battery. Higher voltages will most-likely burn out the gear motors.

There are current limiters in electric gear controllers. If you run the operator's motor to the mechanical stops w/o a controller, then the motors will most-likely and quickly burn out!

Not using brakes, so would the JP controller be ok to run just the actuators? Excellent reply Len. There’s knowledge behind your reply