RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heng Long T72 "Modernization" build.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 09:57 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha.MRC
I love the classic T-72, but your take on a "modernized" T-72 is really stunning! Your selection and layout of various elements make sense and feel realistic, especially considering the producer.

Perhaps I missed it, but did you fabricate the major areas using styrene?
Thank you for the kind words. I used 95% straight "off the shelf" Heng Long parts from various other modern tanks so to "represent" the current level of available technology. Some of the parts were moderately modified such as the barrel, side and rear stowage to fit the turret and provide for a balanced look. Only a few very small pieces of styrene were used to seal hull gaps and mount the barrel elevation motor.

For now its kind of a fun, entertaining(?) puzzle for viewers to try and figure out what came from where? Though I will be posting a "photo log" of the build soon once I piece all the images together in one place to make them easier to upload. The "log" will show individual part locations, what the part represents on this build and what tank the part came from. Trust me once people see the unpainted parts in the "photo log" it can't be unseen and the overall mystique of this build will change.