RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 10:17 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rfrantz

The gentleman used a photo of a modification I made. I found the carb tuning on my first engine to be very inconsistent. In less than a 1/8 turn of the needle the tune would go from perfect to overly rich. Having a history of racing auto engine development I examined the carb first and found the manufacturing to be questionable. I considered replacing the carb with an OS model but the cost was prohibiting. My next avenue to explore was the intake tract and the first problem to address was the sharp right angle bend. My guess was the atomization was being negated and the droplet size was increasing. After fitting a new homemade straight intake manifold the tuning became much more consistent with improved throttle response and less fuel consumption. The engine also has a CH ignition spark system. I’ve since acquired a second engine and the mod improved it as well. Next I will work on lengthening the manifold and see if any performance gains can be found there.
Apologies! If you have found a better way for your particular engine, that is great!