RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into RC planes
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Grand...I am responding to this thread a little late but here's my advice(for what it's worth). Find out where the club flies and just show up some Saturday. That's what I did about 3 weeks ago and I'm sure glad i did. The guys were very friendly and helpful. They were encouraging me to go to there upcoming Christmas Party and to join the club. They gave me phone numbers to call if I had any questions about a current build I am doing. They made me feel welcome and I'm excited for good weather to go fly!! My experience with SAFE and all that....I am a beginner and bought an eflight Timber(the small one)....never flew a plane in my life although I had flown a few helicopters. The SAFE technology made it super easy. It was actually so easy to fly I stopped using it because I think I was picking up bad habits.....you can literally fly the plane straight up and just start moving the controls back and forth at will and the plane would not crash.....it self levels. Didn't need autoland or any of that as it was so easy to land. But it's definitely nice for a beginner to learn using SAFE because it's so much fun....but after a while you better flip the switch and fly without it so you actually learn how to fly the right way. Anyway...enough rambling...I hope you don't give up on the hobby...I'm willing to bet one of my planes that if you show up at a club they will welcome you and you'll be on your way.