RCU Forums - View Single Post - Long range / flight time with parallel batteries & other questions
Old 12-06-2019, 06:52 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MD_R
one idea I had is to try to create a long range RC prop plane. I am kind of wondering what I could do with something like an Arduino or Raspberry Pi acting as the brains of the vehicle, and connect to it (perhaps with an FPV camera) over a 4G network, which you can find a few examples of this type of thing online in various places as others have thought of this before me. And with this type of setup I'd probably have a notebook computer with a game controller (xbox) to act as the flight controls of the vehicle - as well as use a simple auto pilot setup on board to allow the vehicle to maintain control if the mobile data connection is lost (what, like a PixHawk?). I understand this is a very complicated setup and certainly not an ideal beginner project
If you are in the USA you need to go to the FAA's website and read part 107 , which your intended non line of sight operations are now governed by .