RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-One Models 2.7m F-22 build
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 04:02 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by stressfree
No for a fact rudder flutter that lead into the vertical stab issue! I happened to be right on seen! Ok well what improvements have been made to this area? 8k 9k 10k at this point I want to know that if I go into maneuvers my plane won't break apart and crash! Any info on this matter would be very helpful!

The model you are talking about was Barry's serial number 1 prototype. It was not even close to the set up the production F22 has. His had external linkages with plastic hinges . The production version has all hidden linkages with much stronger hinges.

The other model that crashed was mine. It was due to a turbine issue and a fire. I landed it ok but the fire damaged the fuselage enough to need replacement. My replacement fuselage will be here in January. We do these prototypes to test our selves and recommend improvement's before the customers get their aircraft. Mine worked fine I had many flights on it. But the production version has a number of improvement's on top of the one I did. Including even stronger rudder hinges, Stronger main wing spar attachment inside the fuselage, Easy removal and installation of the horizontal stabs along with others.

We do our best to test the aircraft before we sell them. Looking forward to getting my production version so I can see all the improvement's.