RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti assist reciever
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 08:44 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Wayne,
Awesome! The spreadsheet is exactly what I wanted to do. I just wanted to make sure I understood the formula. Thanks, now I can just use yours. I downloaded it and changed it to an .xls file and Excel opened it. I was then able to save it as an .xlsx file and use it. This really helps me understand how the assist works. I have not seen or heard this information any where else. I now understand how to test the settings and program the assist. I think I feel pretty comfortable working with it now and look forward to using it in more aircraft.
Thanks again for all of everyone's help,
Gary
Well, since you like that I also have a default-gain calculator spread sheet. With this spread sheet you enter the Desired total gain and it calculates the required default-gain based on the programmed gain-function value and the gain-tuning value. For example say you've played with your gain-tuning and plugged that into the spread sheet the I provided before and discover that the highest gain you can use that will work in all flight modes is 30% but you could run 35% in flight mode 2 and 40% in flight mode 3. Simply set the fain-function value to 30%, reset your gain-tuning to 0 and enter the desired gain-total of 35% for flight mode 2 and it will tell you to plug in a default gain of 58% for flight mode 2, change the desired gain to 40% and it will tell you to plug in 67% for flight mode 3. So then you will have gains of 30% for flight mode 1, 35% for flight mode 2 and 40% for flight mode 3. You can then simply leave your gain-tuning know centered (0) and have a different gain for each flight mode that can be adjusted in flight using the gain tuning knob. If you find that you can turn the gain tuning knob up to +25% in flight mode 3, you can plug that into the spread sheet and calculate a new default-gain for flight mode 3.

Maybe you'll find it useful, maybe not but it's here for anyone that's interested...

Attached Files