RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox .049 Glow Plug Adapter (from coxengines)
Old 12-19-2019, 04:53 PM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pond Skipper
Best Cox engine plug adapter option uses easy to source turbo plugs for a quality sealed top end.
Rather than a loss in power this has produced more power than a Nelson plug adapter in my testing.
OS RP6 or RP7 will work with with a throttle sleeve.
Thank you for the info and the suggestion. While it looks like the kamtechnik setup would certainly be ideal (I'm really, really tempted to be honest), it's not currently in the budget. I'm asking how to best fix my Chevy and being told to buy a Ferrari. lol just kidding. I guess I should have mentioned I'm on a beer budget, and not even a Corona or Heineken budget, more like Keystone or draft at the local dive.

Let me put this another way: play money is tight right now, so my primary consideration for this experiment is economy while still maintaining acceptable operational parameters for the 3 setup scenarios I mentioned. The only thing I'm willing to compromise on in fact is the top-end power/rpm. I'm less willing to compromise on the mid-range throttleability and transition. If the coxengines heads are totally unsuited and don't agree with r/c setups then I'm out, but barring that... Anyways, in dollars and cents, I'm looking at it this way: I can pick up a coxengines adapter for $6.95 each (and use my free #8 plugs) versus $11.00 each for the kamtechnik and another $10.00-$12.00 each for the turbo plug. So to outfit 4 reedies will cost me $30 with coxengines but $90 with kamtechnik. If I have to bite the bullet and go with kamtechnik I might but I would rather go with the cheaper option at this time. Sadly you typically do get what you pay for. Still, I would appreciate some feedback/reviews of the coxengines setup.