RCU Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tank Club/Group in Detroit Area?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Xipetotecs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Holidays All!

Having been a really good boy this year Santa brought me a really sweet new tank!!

Its a henglong M4A3 105 with metal tracks and gear box, the 2.4ghz 6.0s radio system and IR battle system/airsoft BB gun. This tank is amazing for the price ($250ish). Cant stop driving this thing around! Cant wait to battle other humans! Comparing it to my older henglongs this thing is a spaceship Cadillac. Heavy and robust. My old Pershing is just crap and the Panther is ok, but both have DBC battle systems that at worst dont work and at best janky. Probably my wiring...

Im really looking forward to big backyard battle hopefully sooner rather than later! The new henglong battle system is compatible with Tamiya and Ive been shooting up my panther the last 2 days. I can hit it 60-70 feet away outside and this review shows the pros and cons of the system as compared to Tamiya See this RC universe thread heng long IR battle review (apparently I need ten post to have a URL)
  1. The question is can I use this tank to battle with this group? It essentially behaves like a Tamiya medium tank but doesnt slow down and the shot timing is around 3 seconds
  2. Do I need to make any changes? Hit LED's on the turret and high tension shot flasher are easy adds
  3. DBC trouble - Anyone have experience with these? That old panther takes hits well but it has issues with the IR emitter. Very weak, can only score a hit about 4 inches (100mm) away with both the henglong system and the DBC system. Either the LED's in both DBC tanks have burned out (Ive swapped them and its thats unlikely) or there is something wrong with the DBC boards (very likely). They have always been unreliable. The DBC board puts out 1.3-1.4 volts to IR led with triggered. Is that right? Was considering buying a new LED just to try that, Also LED is very very dim when looked at with camera as compared to the henglong IR LED
  4. If I were to replace the DBC board with a different system, any recommendations? Ive been looking at MAKO/Piranha and that seems most cost effective if available. Alternatively I could just drop in new henglong electronics for about the same price. New Tamiya electonics are prohibitively expensive. Any Advice?
Thank you all for any help and cant wait roll into a big battle!

Patrick