RCU Forums - View Single Post - Non club member
Thread: Non club member
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 09:23 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
That is of course a great point and I certainly hope that there is something in the works. I understand that not everyone has an AMA club site within reasonable travel time. I would also like to understand why those who do have a club site close choose not to join. For me that is a no brainier however that is my perspective. I would like to understand the perspective of those who choose not to join a club when one or more are available.
Speed , I can provide an answer from both perspectives , if you can believe that !

I am a longtime member of an AMA chartered flying club located in eastern Massachusetts , and when I go to the club field to fly part of the reason is of course being in the company of like minded people .

I also fly at a public site where RC flying is permitted , no club affiliation required , and more times than not it's just me , myself , and I at the field , not another person , RC flyer or not , to be seen .

Now there are those times when I want to socialize , and there are also times where I enjoy the peace & quiet of flying by myself , especially so if I'm practicing a particular maneuver or just in a mood to fly alone .

And so this my "skin in the game" with regards to Warningshot's question , As an AMA member at times I fly club , at times I fly non club , and I for sure would like to see BOTH of my flying situations protected