RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitec Receiver ?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 05:10 AM
fscott729
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hitec Crystal install

Originally Posted by [email protected]
you are correct, crystals are not polarized in any way. However, they are brand specific, and your Hittec receiver should be used with Hitec crystals. They come with a paper tab printed with the channel no. and the frequency in MHz, The tab also has blue on the tip..
You will also be told that Futaba and Hitec crystals are interchangeable, and it seems to be true to some degree I would probably fly with a Hitec receiver with a Futaba crystal if I was doing it with an ARF, a foamie or some expendable airplane, but never an airplane that I had spent weeks building and that I really cared about.
If the receiver crystal you have is not Hitec, I have an extra Hitec Ch29. Luck, El[email protected]
Thank you Eloy for the reply. You give me peace of mind. Yes, I do have the legitimate Hitec Ch.29 crystal because I wanted to make sure it would work properly with my Hitec receiver. I have had this equipment for years and never used it and just do not want to go out and buy new equipment when I feel this Fm equipment will work fine in my rural area flying a glider I need to put together. Since my receiver is a 6 channel it list the positions as battery and then 1-5. Can you tell me which one should be used for the throttle or will I have to figure that out with my transmitter? Thanks for any information. Frank