RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glen Spickler's "Quickie-500" Laser Cut Kit
Old 01-12-2020, 10:16 AM
mchipkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glen Spickler's "Quickie-500" Laser Cut Kit

Just released Jan 2nd, 2020 - Spickler's Quickie 500 Laser Cut Kits - I've seen several attempts in the not too distant past for updated versions of Glen Spickler's Quickie-500 kit. Most attempts seemed to "die-on-the-vine" for any variety of reasons - mostly due to cost prohibitive manufacture that goes into the kits. Well - here we go again! Instead of asking who might be interested, or taking surveys, etc - all of which seemed to add to the confusion - we just went ahead and have completed our laser cut version. We retained the ALL WOOD design, built-up wing (not foam core), and modified internal structural elements to make it both easier and quicker to build (not that it wasn't already an easy build!).

We released three levels of kits - each progressively more complete - from a Short Kit through a Full Kit to a "Full Kit PLUS". Although I prefer RCU as the place to document the build and retain the documents, I have not been able to save the documents here - likely a bad setting on our computer system. If the docs don't load (full plans pdf, various jpegs showing the finished product and kit parts, and related information - we have also built a "Quickie 500 Build Group" on Facebook. It contains an extensive FILE section - including the full size 36X48" plans, instructions, history documents, and an ALBUM section documenting the build - with lots of pics and descriptive info.

The FB Group also has details as to what is included in each kit, what is also necessary to complete the Short Kit, and how to get your hands on one of them! Check it out!