RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Ace 74 inch
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 05:20 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Went out to work on the bird yesterday, and just had no motivation. I hope I would do better Sunday.

Sunday
I was into it today.

Framed up both wing panels. Have not yet add the shear webbing between the spars. Still have to frame up the center section. This wing does not use a common dihedral break in the middle. instead the cent is flat to a little beyond the fuse sides. So before I start the center I have to cut out the dihedral braces.

This is the very last wing I frame up on the table saw. just to short a work area. I will get myself a solid door or frame up a building board from C channel steel or aluminum, and melamine. I had a 48" building board once and lost it in a move. As long as the C channel is dead straight it works a charm. Just bolt the melamine to the C channel length wise and 2 cross pieces it forces the melamine true. And since the frame that carries the melamine is metal it stays true. My work bench is close, real close, but not good enough for wing framing. It is a torsion box.

I failed to rip enough bass, I used what I had already ripped for other parts of the build. So I ripped 3 more 1/4" bass sparing.

I do unplug the saw when using it to build on, plus when changing the blade. I much rather turn on the switch and find the saw is unplugged than to turn the saw on at a rather bad time.

Ken