RCU Forums - View Single Post - Andy Sheber Pitts s1s
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 04:20 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sheber Pitts

Originally Posted by flyingagin
I have slowly been acquiring the speedier components for my own build .
So far I bought a New transmitter, FrSky Horus X10. Obviously not just for a Pitts. A DLE 60cc twin. A cowl, wheel pants, and canopy. I got the glass parts when I did just in case they became unavailable.

No wood yet. Will likely get my ply and spruce from aircraft spruce and specialty. Balsa and bass from national balsa. Still a few months out.

I now have a very nice table saw, so I can rip bigger boards of spruce and bass down for stringers, spars or whatever. That is actually what I have done for my current project that is a stick construction. Bought larger sheets and then ripped them down with my finest blade.

I am hoping by a round mid year to to be able to start. I have my current project to finish, and the 2 more partial builds. One as a wing that I am going to build a fuse and tail for. And then a biplane that already has the wings built and half the fuse.

Ken

I had one a few years back that I bought built, I did an elaborate color scheme and while recovering it I noticed the top wing weighed a ton.I recovered it anyway, bolted on a Brison 104cc engine. The first flight went well until the landing which was as graceful as trying to land a porcelain bathtub, after a few more flights I ended up removing all the gear and selling it, so all I can recommend is keeping it as light as possible because the Pitts I had was way overbuilt, Good luck
Frank