RCU Forums - View Single Post - Disturbing advertising emails
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 07:53 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickelarse
Hi all

I am continually receiving unwanted emails via this group with advertisements about various medical conditions and with "mircale cures". for them. I do not wish to receive these and Im sure most other members are not here to see them either. Is this usual for a forum such as this, or is it because this is an American run group and this sort of thing is more widely accepted in the US?
You can probably guess I am not in the USA but I would prefer to opt out of seeing them if possible. Perhaps someone knows the answer on how to do this.
The latest article promotes a cure for "leaky gut" and, like the others I have seen, is probably based on a lot of unproven misinformation, yet you have to sit through about 20 minutes of video. The inevitable "catch" is saved when you reach the end with the news that it will probably cost you quite a lot of cash to purchase if you wish to. Are the people administering this forum aware that it is being used to promote this sort of thing? Surely it would be better to use this medium to advertise items related to the hobby rather than all this medical stuff?

Regards

Nick
Yes, this is pretty common in the US. If you would not like to receive those emails anymore, just click "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of that email.