RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone flying the CompARF UltraFlash Evo ?
Old 01-14-2020, 05:04 PM
pcskyhi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you should all go back and read carefully what Len Todd said. Todd said he had issues doing aerobatics when flying the Ultra Flash slow. He did not say the Ultra flash could not fly slow, he said he was having trouble doing aerobatics with the Ultra Flash when flying it at slower speeds and it would snap out. Slow circuits are not the same as doing aerobatics. I have a friend who owns an Ultra Flash and he agrees with Todd, you have to keep the speed up when doing aerobatics with the Ultra Flash or it will snap out on you. My friend was always trying to do things at a slower speeds and would always complain about the Ultra Flash snapping, so much so he just would fly it around and do nothing else. He just recently decided to attempt aerobatics again after we had a discussion about adding/maintaining some speed while performing the maneuvers. Once he added some speed he had no more issues snapping. Knowing that now he no longer fears doing aerobatics and is enjoying his Ultra Flash like it is a new bird. I also realize speed is a relative term. What seems fast to Todd and my friend may be considered slow to some of you so when you do your maneuvers with your Ultra Flash you don't see yourself as going fast.
I don't think Todd or my friend is trying to say the Ultra Flash is not capable of aerobatics, the aerobatics just have to be done at what they consider a higher rate of speed on the Ultra Flash as compared to other models on the market which are capable of doing the same maneuvers at a lower rate of speed which may give someone like myself who is relatively new to turbines more time to think/react when doing aerobatics. Todd was giving an opinion from his experience as the Ultra Flash being his first turbine and letting others know the Ultra Flash may not be the ideal turbine trainer when learning how to do aerobatics with a jet. That is what I am taking from his post.