RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comment on tbe FAA NPRM
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 04:06 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grognard
I do. You misrepresented the NPRM as requiring immediate compliance, totally missing the grace period. Your 800,000 "left outs" are probably mostly drone enthusiasts who buy ready-to-fly systems anyway. They'll have Remote ID compliant solutions before traditional modelers will. In addition, many or most of them aren't interested in flying at fixed sites anyway -- so you are solving a non-problem.
Clearly your threshold for “big deal” is much lower than mine. Regardless, there’s lots of assumptions in the above. Please cite source supporting your comment most of the 800,000 buy off the shelf. While your at it, please cite source for statement that they’ll have remote issues first anyway. And don’t forget to also cite source proving many or most not interested in fixed

No
that is a rhetorical TACTIC you are using to accomplish your true agenda, which is "sticking a fork in the FRIA concept" (your words). Much the same as Lincoln using the Emancipation Proclamation to free slaves "only the rebellious areas" rather than asking for a Constitutional amendment. Only in your case, you're not HELPING anyone. You are merely "virtue signaling".
Well, then I consider myself in good company given Lincoln’s standing and what he achieved. If reuniting at country and freeing people (the end result of his strategy) is virtue signaling, sign me up.

Of course you have the right to advocate for anything you like. The compulsory serving of peanut butter on spaghetti if you wish. But don't wrap yourself in "equal protection" when the goal is to take away FRIAs from everyone. That's not "protection" at all -- that's universal REPRESSION. Be honest about it.
You must be really concerned that this strategy will resonate with regulators. As you wouldn’t be spending so much focus on little old me. But then again, I guess it’s proof that the AMA pushed FRIAs for the reason I believe they did - it is, another attempt by AMA to use law or regulation to compel membership.