RCU Forums - View Single Post - For your NPRM Response...s.
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 11:59 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tipover
Well the FAA certainly can't have it both ways. Considering that most public airports are generally near larger population urban areas, it would be counter productive for them to assume that the safest locations for model RC activities would also be public land spaces. I highly doubt they had any confusion over that distinction when they drafted the proposal.
Your position depends a lot on the definition of "larger population urban areas." Where I live now, State College PA, has a population of 42,000. Is that a "larger population urban area?" Because the local airport is public (UNV). As is nearby Midstate Airport (PSB), where nearest large population is Phillipsburg (pop. 2700). Similarly Bellefonte (N96) where population is about 6,000.

The rule as written gives three options to comply: full RemoteID, FRIAs, or limited. When one of those options is all but exclusively controlled by ONE private dues collecting organization, I argue that fails to protect all citizens equally (members and non-members) as well as fails to provide federal due process protections in the event a PRIVATE organization says someone cannot join.