RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Ace 74 inch
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 04:09 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

When I first went into the garage today my reaction was dang but it is cold out here. But put sweats on over every thing else and a jacket with a hood, and glued in the corner gussets at the trailing edge of the wing. Then got into some serious sanding on the wing panels. Did the tips while I was at it. Figure it was much easier to sand everything now than than after the wing panels were joined, much less awkward. Then while I was at it went to work on the tail feathers and got those all sanded. The sanding that is now left is after I add the top and bottom fuse gussets. That sanding not only kept me warm but my arm feels like it is going to drop off. Just wanted to do the big sanding while it was easier. I did taper the t.e. of the control surfaces, but did make sure the trailing edges weren't to sharp, but blunted off a bit.

I built 2 airplanes back in the distant past that I sanded the trailing edges to a fine edge. I had severe flutter issue with those to birds. I ended up using mass dampers to control the flutter.

If i were to fly this plane fast enough to encounter flutter, then I'm not flying it correct. Most likely 1/2 throttle or even less. I find it fun to see how little throttle I ca fly on.

Ken