RCU Forums - View Single Post - Non club member
Thread: Non club member
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 07:54 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by grognard
I think the key word is "same". This was my first - or maybe second - post when I joined the Forum:

Is it passionate? Certainly. But I don't think any fair-minded person can see even a hint of a personal attack there. As a new member, I was careful to speak to the issue, not the messenger.

And for my trouble, I was attacked -- by YOU, sir -- as a "ghost". Franklin agreed, and accused me of being sent directly by AMA HQ. When I protested, YOUR response was belittling and insulting. I actually attempted to report it, but apparently one doesn't get reporting rights without a certain number of posts.

So -- IMNSHO of course -- you and Franklin have absolutely NO justification to complain about the tone you YOURSELVES have set.

You want new posters to be respectful? Start treating them with respect. Don't question their identities, even if you really have suspicions. It's irrelevant anyway. Have you personally verified Franklin's Naval service (not that I seriously doubt it?) Have you personally verified Speed's contest record (not that I doubt that either?). Everybody in here is just as tall as they talk.

It seems what we really have here is an anti-AMA clique in control who are determined to shout down all opposition.
Now Grog , didn't we agree to disagree about the new/old RCU poster thing and leave it at that ? Tell me , HAVE I been disrespectful toward you since that discussion we had ? It seems to me that each time the new/old RCU poster thing has been brought up since then my response has been "If they want to play by the RCU rules and present their side here I'm fine with that" , so , for the last time , we ARE past the RCU identity thing , you and I , and the tone has now been reset . Present your points with no more "Pentagon isms" and I'm willing to listen to anything you have to say . Now , tell ya what , now that the RCU identity thing has been buried , you wanna walk the walk and talk the talk here ? Let's start with REAL identities then , shall we ? I am AMA 80274 , and have held that AMA number for damned near 50 years . What's your AMA number Grog ? Who really ARE you ? What do you know about me to come in here calling me part of some kind of "Anti AMA clique" ???? You know about as much of nothing about me as we here know about you , so , since we know mine , Speedys , and a whole bunch of everyone else's AMA numbers out here , whats YOUR'S Grog ?????

You want any kind of cred here Grog ? Identify yourself ....