RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAI P21 - trainwreck sequence
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 04:11 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by barnowljenx
I found the transition from P19 to P21 was difficult even though there were no really large manoeuvres that had to be centred like the Cuban 8 and Double Key in P19.

As regards the Comet to 4 pt roll, I seem to remember that there was a similar issue with a Comet ( entered from low and climbing at 45 deg into a 6 sided loop. What worked then was to fly the manoeuvre based on the roll in the middle of each line and not centreing the whole manoeuvre. If you did the latter, you barely had time to get level before entering the 6 sided loop. The same approach then, an asymmetric manoeuvre but with the rolls centred worked for me then and works now for the Comet to 4 pt roll. Yes, you don't have much time but then again it's not impossible and it can be made to look good.

I agree with Don that you need to keep the height of the Fig Z down and a tight entry and exit loop helps in that regard. Provided both are the same radius it should cause the judge to downgrade you.

I find the transition from the Split S into the Golf Ball also poses the same problem and again a tightish radius for the Split S loop helps me to make the manoeuvre not look as if it's rushed. Of course, the trick is to get all these points right on the flight that counts! Something I'm still working on!
Making the Z too small could be a potential down grade if it's too much different in size compared to the other manouvres.