RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swiwin Turbines
Thread: Swiwin Turbines
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 03:14 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Powersafe swiwin telemetry adapter

A few pics of what I did here. The big key is tapping power off the xbus port to go into the 'throttle/PPM' port, and NOT using the receiver bus power. I show in one pic where I snipped the positive wire at the connector and isolated it with a piece of heat shrink.
I used an Amazon 4 pin jst lead to make mine, which you can find
here here
...and just a crimper and servo pins for the rest.
Since the xbus wires are small(like 26-28awg), I did tin the positive wire crimp with a very minute amount of solder after the fact, to ensure the electrical connection was solid. It is, after all, your new lifeblood of your ECU...

This shows the hot lead coming from the receiver bus being snipped. YOU CANNOT POWER THE ECU WITH BOTH THE RECEIVER AND XBUS!

Another pic showing the snipped positive, and also showing the red wire pulled from the xbus lead and taking the place of the positive lead that would otherwise come from the receiver bus.

Heat shrink over the snipped positive. I suppose you could also just de-pin it from the connector at the bus and remove it entirely. I got lazy, and i didn't want the receiver connection looking like it was missing a wire.

Completed lead, with heat shrink over connections to keep them secure.

Last edited by bodywerks; 01-24-2020 at 03:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
stealdesk (02-02-2020)