RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comment on tbe FAA NPRM
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 06:15 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Okay Astro, let's give Speed a pass on this one as he's made a valid comment on my previous post.
That said, I would agree with you, Speed, it is speculation, derived from the available information. Not one of us here has all the facts, THAT IS A FACT WE CAN AGREE ON. What we also can agree on is that the players involved, those being the FAA, AMA, EAA, DOD and pilot's associations, are not giving us all of the information we would need to make a fact based decision on whether we agree or disagree with the present situation before us. Just one thing to keep in mind, my previous post was in response to Grognard's post prior. As I see it:
1) If the AMA's legal team all took the holidays off, then they don't deserve the pay they are receiving as they should be giving the membership, not just the EC, up to date information so that the members can act in their own best interest by letting the FAA and Congress know if they back or oppose what the FAA is proposing within the given comment period
2) The members of the legal team need to understand where they are supposed to be arguing from. That girl on the video had no clue and shouldn't have even been on the panel, showing a serious lack of professionalism on the AMA's part, be it the command staff or just the legal staff.
3) I can speculate with some degree of confidence that not all the communications responded to is professionally based. I see it every day at work, be it clerical, admin or manufacturing staff checking personal email, voicemail, twitter, FB, etc. I've even watched people walk into walls, doorframes, aircraft lifting devices, etc, because they are more preoccupied with their own communications than doing their jobs. Why would we not suspect the legal staff is doing the same, at least to some extent?

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 01-27-2020 at 06:19 AM.