RCU Forums - View Single Post - Comment on tbe FAA NPRM
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 08:57 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grognard
What if the vacation schedule was set in June or October? What if AMA HQ was just as blindsided by this as everyone else?
Blindsided? The AMA has relentlessly told its membership that they are engaged with the Feds at every level through this ordeal that has been going on for years. The AMA created paid positions in order that the AMA could advocate for, and be liaisons to, the AMA membership where it concerns Government involvement in our hobby. Please explain how they could have been blindsided by this?

Originally Posted by grognard
I haven't seen the video, and I'm not going to waste time watching it. So what if one's not up to it? Does that mean the whole staff should be fired?
I have no idea where you came to that conclusion, I don’t believe that was Hydro’s point at all, nor did he say that. But the point that some of us have been tirelessly trying to make (hence we be labeled, “anti-AMA” or “AMA haters”) is that we are disappointed in the AMA leadership for not doing enough to protect our current levels of modeling, “freedoms”, and not providing the value that they claim, or that we expect and deserve for paying our dues. Hiring incompetent staff with our $$ to represent us on important issues is just one more example of this. You are spending a lot of your personal time and effort to respond to the FAA’s proposal, I think you should spend the few minutes necessary to watch the video and see for yourself how the paid AMA staff are representing our modeling interests. It might give you more perspective and understanding as to why some of us are disappointed in the AMA, as well as to why it seems as though we are not getting the consideration we think we deserve from the Feds.

Astro