RCU Forums - View Single Post - Syssa engine advice?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 02:32 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I worked extensively with the RCexl A-02 ignition several years ago and published my findings then so no need to repeat here. A quick summary is feed them adequate voltage and couple with a known good sensor and they will work just fine. Most of the A-02 modules work poorly at voltages at the low end of the range printed on the module. They had some serious issues with sensors starting in late 2013 or so and for some time after that. I don't trust them to this day and prefer to just use the universal sensors from RC Extreme Power or other sources that provide them. When the above conditions are met, my findings didn't show the same curves shown in the previous post. However, when the bad sensors were used, the curve was almost exactly like the one posted for the A-02. Overall, RCexl ignitions are an excellent product.

These days though, I have one complaint about the product. Some of the ignitions are now coming with a very high voltage range and I can't properly power them with A123 batteries. I have planes flying with different ignitions than were provided with the engines just so I can maintain my existing power source preference.Not everyone wants to use LiPo or LiOn power sources.

Last edited by Truckracer; 01-27-2020 at 02:36 PM.