RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-One Models 2.7m F-22 build
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 03:50 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Stab servos and hatches are done, minor trimming on the frame and stab for servo arm clearance. The thrust vectoring servos are in as well as the top hatches, I did have to remove a lots of the ply behind the servos mounts on for the thrust vectoring. The servos would not seat without it, plus I needed to cut an area for the servo leads at the base of the servo.
You will notice the rudder attachment is just glued to the wood bulkhead, I added a screw just in case. The brackets have two holes drilled for what Im assuming is this very thing.
Rudder Servos are big problem on my kit, it appear the blocks were an after thought and I need to raise the servo almost half an inch before the drive system engages and then add a about a 3 -5 degree lift on the outboard side to make the shafts align properly. I stopped at that point today since I need to brain storm a bit. I took two quick videos showing stab and thrust vectoring operations, I will do another build video covering the entire tail once its done. Cheers!

Slight trimming for the 3mm screw head

Slight trimming for the back of the servo arm

All the hardware for the thrust vectoring

Rudder attachment bracket has two holes and no screws

I added one for security