RCU Forums - View Single Post - FRSky Taranis Beginners Support Group
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 10:43 PM
scott page

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If telemetry is not your thing then the D8 receivers are a very good choice. I doubt of much of the D8 telemetry gear is even available anymore but it was delicate and difficult to deal with IMO. The D16 receivers, which includes X, S, and R, have a much better telemetry setup and more physically robust - which is why I dumped my D8 in favor of the D16 gear. Additionally they D16 provide model match, which D8 do not do. I have complete confidence in the D8 protocol and have taken gliders to over 2000 feet with it.
I think much of this ACCST D16 "uncommanded servo movement" has been WAY over hyped for FCC systems - however I'll admit that it does make me unsettled. As I was one of the original FrSky evangelists I'm fairly embarrassed by the path FrSky has chosen. I had an EU system I'd be more concerned and might ground my fleet until this is more satisfactorily resolved; at least the expensive planes.
Keep in mind that other brands have firmware iterative updates and bug fixes. ie. My father's Furaba 14SG is about 8 years old and they just issued the 9th firmware update fixing a problem with range check which they broke in a previous firmware update. Point being -- this is not unique to FrSky - just much more public given the crowd sourced testing and development community that's attracted to FrSky.