RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS 46 FX - Part needed
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 05:54 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by hsanchez
Good Evening. I crashed a plane at my club's field during this past weekend, and the plane was totaled. I had an OS 46 FX in the plane, and the engine appeared to have survived for the most part...with one big exception. This particular model has the needle valve mounted on an appendage to the back plate, and the appendage was broken off from the back plate in the crash. I checked on the website for the prime retailer for the engine, but I could not find the back plate, so I am assuming that it is no longer available. I have heard some horror stories about attempts to use compounds such as JB Weld to re-attach the appendage, in which the compound ultimately failed. Has anyone out there any suggestions about where I can find a replacement back plate for this particular engine? Any advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Harry Sanchez
[email protected]

OS stopped making the cast needle valve lug because they broke easily. Its a good thing they usually broke leaving the hole on the backplate intact so you could file and shape the backplate so you could still use the four screws to seal it. They replaced it with a stamped steel bracket and a new needle valve that worked better. I believe you can replace these with the ones from a 46 AX

Last edited by Propworn; 02-11-2020 at 05:56 AM.