RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top RC Zero from Gator R/C
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 12:08 PM
darod07

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jimkron
Excellent job on the Zero. Not many of us have the patience to add all those rivets and details. I thought mine was over the top...yours is on top of the top.
REMEMBER: "The plane comes 95% complete" Ha, ha, ha!

It looks like you added engine baffles. They should be 60% back from the front of the heat sink.
I can't tell from the photo. Did you open up the cowl flaps a bit? Also a must for extra exit air.
I would add heat telemetry. Nice to monitor while flying. Should be around 220F when cruising around. Over 250F is heading towards over-heating.
I would add RPM telemetry. 6600 rpm is the sweet spot for sport and scale flying. If you push the engine, you won't see a significant speed increase.
Did your Saito get any of the Ray English mods?

jim
Hi and thanks for your appraisal. In fact all what I've done so far is thanks to you....
When I saw your plane first time in this thread I went speachless. Then I knew this model is worth to make all those extras to achieve such a scale look. Thanks buddy...
I did cowl flaps operable with 2 servos , so can be opened widely to allow air flow. I have also telemetry with temp sensor attached to top cylinder, rpm sensor too. Thanks to you input regarding temp. I will monitor situation to avoid overheatng my Saito. I don' have Ray English mods. I don't think that those are required at the moment. I like scale flying so top speed is not what I'm aiming for. I'll adjust H needle to make carburator setting as rich as possible giving still enough power to fly. I hope to make maiden flight in June. I'm working at sea now so spending 3 months on board will be enough time to make some progress with cockpit.

Last edited by darod07; 02-15-2020 at 12:12 PM.