RCU Forums - View Single Post - The big RTR and 60mph+ lie/scam
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 11:17 PM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The big RTR and 60mph+ lie/scam

I'm just venting a bit here. I have a real beef with manufacturers calling their kits RTR when 90% of them really aren't because you still need to buy batteries. To me it's false advertising. Logically if you need to buy something extra to make it run then it's not really ready straight out of the box. Call it ARTR (almost ready) but don't call it RTR. For example, if I want to buy a fullsize car and the seller says "yes it's ready to run, ready to go" and I get there and he tells me it needs a battery then obviously any sane person would call that NOT ready. It should be the same with rc. Same with all those 60mph+ top speed claims you see on the boxes and then you get one or go on youtube and in every single video review the vehicle can't get past 45mph unless you throw the thing off a cliff. I guess the manufacturers assume they can pull a fast one on their rc car customers because they assume they're all 13 year old boys who've never seen a pair of breasts and so don't know any better or are gullible enough to believe whatever garbage is printed on the box as long as the box is colorful.

Last edited by meowy84; 02-17-2020 at 11:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rgburrill (02-18-2020)