RCU Forums - View Single Post - The big RTR and 60mph+ lie/scam
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 10:40 PM
meowy84

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad you guys agree. I don't feel like I'm crazy now. This all started because I got into an exchange with a kid at the hobby shop trying to get me into an RTR crawler. He said I'll also need a battery and charger. I said that without a battery it's really READY is it? He said it is because (insert-company-name) says it on the box. That's not logic. Just because some company writes RTR on the box doesn't make it so. If I urinate into a bottle and label it apple juice it doesn't make it apple juice. That analogy didn't go over well. Call it Almost-RTR if without a battery but don't call it RTR.

As for pre-built kits/RTR in general, it does take the guesswork out of buying all the components so it can work for beginners or returnees (like me!). But I doubt the guy or gal assembling the model in some sweatshop worries about snugging the screws just so. They might do it better than a 12 year old building his first model but not with the same care like you or me. Like Bill said: ready to reassemble.

Anyways, to summarize, the rc hobby is one of the most bullcrap ridden industries there is. So many ridiculous claims like: particle coated shocks for smooth action LOL. Yeah coated with particles of bull-crap. I realize all companies tend to stretch the truth to sell product but this is outright lies. The only other industry as bad is the makeup industry. This month oatmeal facial scrubs are the miracle and next month it's papaya oil in the shampoo that will make your wife or girlfriend look like a runway model. LOL

Thanks for letting me vent.

The following users liked this post:
bill_delong (02-19-2020)