RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anti-stall flow directors - anyone..??
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 04:52 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just another opinion, OK?
It's no surprise here that a plane like this will slow to a walking speed prior to stalling a wing (if it drops a wing at all, some will drop nearly straight down, without ever dropping a wing completely). A straight leading edge, lots of wing area, likely light weight, oversize control surfaces to help maintain control, and my guess is, a CG that's neutral to maybe a hair tail heavy. All those are going to add up when it comes to low speed handling for this plane, just like those exact same features add up to do about the same thing on a well built Edge 540. The Edge (and other very similar air frames) will actually warn you of that stall by rocking their wings from side to side prior to stalling nearly straight ahead....

My point here is that if you enjoy flying like this, you might want to see what you can do with a late model, state of the art Edge 540 air frame. They've become pretty well known for similar low speed handling and you may be in for a pleasant surprise. That said, I get it if you prefer to strike out on your own with something like what you are talking about. Just tossing out an option. -Al