RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Happy AMA Thread , What do YOU do with them ?
Old 03-06-2020, 03:01 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
If your audience is ONLY those who are already members, who recognize a low member number vs a high member number, you are right. On the other hand, if you're using them as sort of advertising, then the audience will not recognize the significance of a five digit member number vs a six digit member number ... because THEY'RE NOT MEMBERS ... in which case this might be worth while.

I defer to your exhaustive expertise about all things aviation, advertising, cost controls, managment, policy making, legal and regulatory, marketing, human behavior etc. ... because YOU are a five digit AMA demi-God, while the rest of us are mere mortals with six digit numbers.

One more thing ... given the minutes from the latest EC meeting, with lots of "...declining...", "...going down...", etc. (a 'picture' of financial health and good management), the sticker may be one easy one to put on the budgetary chopping block.

Yes, members will recognize that I am a long time member my my 5 digit AMA number. As non members go, they usually couldn't care less about my flight box or transmitter case, they are usually looking at my custom built, high quality, beautifully finished and flown airplane that has my AMA number incorporated into the paint/covering job. When they ask what AMA 22554 means I explain it to them.