RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build help/question/tip needed
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 10:32 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

You don't want to enlarge the ball cups with a drill. Most of the time I use black grease, or like in the video...chapstick.to lube the threads. I mainly use a turnbuckle wrench to hold the threaded rod middle section while fighting with getting the first few threads started into the ball cups. If you roll the turnbuckles between your fingertips, you can usually see which way the threads pull/push.

Not all manuals are written with great care, or explaining things. I not sure which kit you are working on, but some kits have angled ball cups so it's important to keep all your turnbuckles oriented in same direction for ease of adjustment later on. I am usually total opposite than what most kit manuals suggest. Most will say to keep marking, on turnbuckle, to the left throughout the RC platform. When I adjust my turnbuckles, I like it when I'm pulling back on the turnbuckle wrench (pliers if in a pinch, or don't have wrench), and my ball cups tighten (move towards center of turnbuckle and making total turnbuckle length shorter).

I hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

Last edited by RustyUs; 03-22-2020 at 10:53 AM.