RCU Forums - View Single Post - Micro Turbojet Engine Beginner - need help
Old 03-24-2020, 12:54 AM
alialkayyali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply, it has cleared up everything. Yes I think you are right, in the schematic I am following it appears that the spacer is being used as a wall between the compressor & front bearing, as well as the turbine & rear bearing. Unfortunately I am unable to attach any picture (it is saying I need to have at least 10 posts before uploading URL's, which picture attachments also seem to be URL's). In one similar drawing, it is showing that they are using a spacer also between the rear bearing and the spring, which if I'm not mistaken is to fill the gap between the spring and the rear bearing, so that the spring is actually doing its job? I will be ordering disc springs for ISO 6001 bearings such as the ones found in "spring fasteners" website with dimensions of Outer diamter: 27.7mm, Inner Diameter, 17.3mm, Thickness: 0.4mm, Overall Height: 1mm (I'm not allowed to attach URL's).

In summary, the bearing should either be trapped between two walls, or preloaded and not move axially at all?

Last edited by alialkayyali; 03-24-2020 at 01:01 AM.