RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with wl toy a979b please, losing my mind!
Old 03-24-2020, 11:20 PM
Corvette_85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with wl toy a979b please, losing my mind!

Im losing my mind on this thing. I bought it about 6 months ago, took it out and loved it, but the range was horrible, like maybe 100 feet(guessing the antennae wasnt connected inside). So I knew it was a one piece esc/receiver and I figured instead of buying one and replacing it, why not upgrade it to brushless. I had an extra receiver/transmitter, so I ordered a new esc/motor combo and a new servo. I also ordered an aluminum frame since they were cheap and I figured the extra weight may give it some stability from flipping over so much. Anyway, got all the parts, put it together. Held it in my hand, steering worked great, motor worked how it should when I was holding it up. Thought it was done. took it outside to test it out, put it on the ground and it just struggled to get moving, like it was stuttering, but once it started going it took off and worked fine. Its just when it starts off it was a problem. I figured I must have gotten a bad esc or maybe motor, so I returned that set and got a different brand (60 amp 3900kv). Put it together again and it did the same thing. So then I took it apart again greased up the rear end internally, lubed and checked the bearings, everything looked fine. Still doing the same thing. If I hold it in the air, it works fine, but put it on the ground and it stutters when starting. I even changed to bearings on all the wheels to see if that would help, nope, though it seemed to tighten up the steering a lot. Anyway I just cant figure out what it is. oh ya I swapped trans/reciever out just to be sure, no help. Really hoping someone else has had this happen and can tell me what Im doing wrong, Im just lost at this point and want my dam car to work lol Thanks