RCU Forums - View Single Post - Corona virus
Thread: Corona virus
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 11:03 AM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

I'm sure in some cases there are places that are closed that shouldn't be, but here in Detroit (Michigan is under an emergency "stay at home" order from the Governor) a lot of the workforce is still kickin' it out. Mostly industrial type companies like machine shops. My company has defense contracts so we're classified as essential, and that means the same for a lot of people that supply us, like steel suppliers and the guys that do our heat-treat for us. And it's still OK to go to the grocery store, the gas station, even the party stores are open, and for some reason that includes tobacco shops. The people that work in bars, spas, hair salons, etc, have it pretty tough, though. Most restaurants are open for take out and a lot have hired extra delivery drivers, and the pizza joints are boomin' so it's actually been good for a small minority. But I see most people trying to do their part, and unless I'm at work I'm at home, and trips for food and essentials are done on the way home from work so I make no special trips. My car is in the garage and will stay there until i leave for work Monday morning. Gives me more time for the hobby, and I really need to get back on this tank trailer. The ramps are almost complete and I still can't believe this $45 truck RX/TX is set up to raise and lower them remotely, even if that's not really what that circuit was originally designed for. I guess I'll have to do a thread on that sometime soon.

Stay safe, Guys.