RCU Forums - View Single Post - new smaller (composite) Sebart Avanti XS
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 12:39 PM
gringotuerto

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been slowly putting mine together recently. Beautiful kit!

Regarding the pushrods on ailerons and flaps - I don't see how this fits well. The hardware provided with the kit has long bolts and ball links on both the control surface end and the servo end. That entire ball link assembly has to remain clear of the servo slot (i.e, at full deflection, it cannot dip inside the wing, because the ball link assembly is much bigger than the width of the servo slot). So then you need a really long control arm on the servo. It doesn't help that the servo is sunk a few mm deep inside the wing, instead of being flush against the inner surface, which adds even more required length to the servo arm. And with such a long servo control arm, the travel would be way too much for the intended throws. It seems the only way to use the HW provided with the kit is the program low travel on the servo, which is always undesirable. I am thinking of using the provided ball links on the control surface side, but using something like a normal clevis on the servo side. Did anybody else run into this problem, or have a better solution?