RCU Forums - View Single Post - Got a MGT to save from the trash heap
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 07:39 AM
D3MON

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rabidfox50
I figured using other slipper diff balls would the alternate to the pegs. I was hoping someone knew what the peg material was so as to obtain an alternate but I’d go with other ways like you suggested. I’ve seen threads on folks using Traxxas 17mm hexes and also the RIVAL hexes as well. My next problem is finding lower shock spring retainers. I’m missing two and eBay has none. I’ve got lots of rusty parts soaking in vinegar right now but I’m sure I’m going to need replacements. I’m looking at getting a stainless hardware kit to get rid of the roached out hardware and frankly weak screws and nuts.
sorry dont really know about the pegs material. i ordered a set of rival hexes, i have not installed at this point though as i have no 17mm wheels. the Rival doesnt use the traditional nut at the end, it only uses the hex pin to hold the hex on then the wheel captures the pin.
for the shock retainers, traxxas ones will work, you will need to drill the shaft insert and the notch as the shock shafts are about .5mm smaller on the traxxas shocks.
The following users liked this post:
rabidfox50 (03-31-2020)