RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 07:17 AM
Captcrunch44

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
Yep, you can't defy physics. In this case the Bernoulli effect.

Design for cylinder charging and expelling effeciencies is so complicated that computer programs are used to design today's engines. The smallest change to one of the dozens of variables can have a dramatic effect on desired performance. Won't keep me from trying though.

Even though the Saito engineers have developed a line a very strong engines they had to make some compromises to keep costs down. Namely the machining, or lack thereof, in the inlet and outlet ports. I believe that with a little careful smoothing of the short turn radii significant effeciency gains can be realized. My fa82 pig is a good candidate for such an endeaver.

For all you naysayers out there, yes I could simply move up to the next size engine but where's the fun in that? It's obvious to me at least that the fa82 has issues, it's just a matter of finding and solving them. The higher flow exhaust helped, the compression increase helped too. The larger carb didn't help and therefore I doubt seriously that a larger intake tube would either. All things point to flow effeciency problems. Dremel time!
Hmmm
Well