RCU Forums - View Single Post - Leopard 1 1A5 Turret in 1/16
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 09:38 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Tankme is right. If you can budget 650 for just a turret and you need it great for you. I still need to buy a m51 kit which is nearly the same cost. I just cant spend 650 for a turret, no matter how good it is, i dont think its worth 650, im sorry, and Ive spent big money on tank parts before, im not a cheapskate.

My view of looking at it is price point for marketing. If he dropped his price to say 200-250 how many more would he sell and would he make a bigger profit than selling 2 at 600 bucks.

Ive decided to not open my Leopard 1 kit at this time and keep its value. Sadly i bought a custom ETO tranny already that was geared for 40 mph scale speed. I will just look for a PS turret someday or sell the kit and tranny. I cant put that kind of money into a tank when it will still have bad axles and wheels that roll their way to death. I had intended to hope to be able to convert the leo 1 to bearing wheels, as hard as it may be i think i could have done it. The aftermarket brand are just way too costly. You would have 2k in your tank and not even any electronics yet.