RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX9 Black and Spektrum GPS Module out of wack.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:34 AM
Tree Doc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to post yesterday but the "system" said I couldn't post anymore for 24 hrs!?

My problem is solved. While waiting for an hour on hold, I had been pouring over my DX9 and the CC S+ instructions and I caught something on the airplane instructions that was outside of the set-up dialogue box regarding the AUX1 channel reversal. Contrary to what all the set-up videos I had followed stated, the AUX1 should NOT be reversed on this particular rx. It says the GPS and ESC won't lock a signal. In my case they did indeed lock but would just later go haywire. I hung up on my 1 hr plus hold time, made the change, and went and flew it. Problem solved. The system works just as it had on the DXe. I can't and don't need to mess with 'auto-land' due to terrain and obstacle restrictions but the pattern hold feature works and the plane flies great, still.

Just a quick anecdote on 'pattern hold' feature for grins and giggles. It obviously wasn't functioning yesterday morning while I was testing. I was on a short approach in very gusty conditions in 'experienced mode' (no stabilization) and a stray dog I happened to have seen the day before but gave me no nevermind, came walking up behind me. I took a quick glance at him (he's big, maybe 70+ lbs) and he looked like he wanted a piece of me. What to do?! I was begging for that pattern hold at that very moment but I didn't have it! In a hard gust and very low, my plane got overhead and behind me and by the time I swung around, it was one wheel on the ground and a low wing-tip dragging the pavement ready to cartwheel. I was able to make the quick save but dang! that was a close call. I fully expected to hear a disastrous smash! I never thought too much about pattern hold or a real good reason for it but that just changed my mind! Dang dog just pee'd on the wire and flagging tape telltale I had stuck in the ground for a makeshift windsock and moved on! Apparently I'm flying in his territory!

Last edited by Tree Doc; 04-08-2020 at 08:37 AM.