RCU Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19, Sanctioned Events, & Aging Demographic
Old 04-09-2020, 09:16 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
........ I am NOT defending Franklin's talking points here , but I will most certainly defend the Man's right to air his opinions just as anyone else here has the right to air theirs . You don't like his opinions/views ? Fine ! By all means attack his talking points and prove to me how their wrong , for real I'll listen to any point/counterpoint you want to present . But when you stoop to the low of attacking someone personally by threatening to have him banned for his opinions , which don't break any RCU rules (or he'd have already been banned long before you joined 1 1/2 months ago) , that's the behavior of a coward in my view , someone who'd rather "shoot the messenger" rather than refute the message .

For my "on topic" part of all of this , a LOT more than just the AMA have been caught off guard with the virus , and once the "rest of the iceberg" was finally seen I believe most organizations , the AMA included , have behaved properly by encouraging the all important "Social Distancing" .......
Originally Posted by init4fun
So , thinking beyond scheduled events which are all pretty much canceled at this point (if not by the people who scheduled them , by the different State's "Social Distancing" mandates) , I'm left wondering , If this virus disruption of daily life continues for some undetermined number of months to come , how will RC flying clubs (like the one I belong to) be able to conduct the business usually done at the regular meetings ? I think one of those on line "Go to Meeting" type softwares would be perfect , since we're in such a tech heavy hobby anyway I'd bet even the older club members have internet access (just look around at all of us fossils posting here ) . I'd bet meeting participation would actually go up if the physical trip to the club field for the meeting was eliminated , and it would get club business done without disobeying the "No gatherings over X* amount of people" restrictions currently in place .

* Last I heard , our Governor Charlie Baker set the limit at 25 or less , this may have changed to an even smaller number recently but last I heard it was 25
Originally Posted by franklin_m
I watched news conferences from both CA and NY Governors, and there's a rapidly growing frustration with those who are not following the rules they've set. My state is one step away from a shelter in place order, which I expect to see in a matter of days. I think your plan to do meetings virtually is outstanding.
Gee Dennis , not only did I disagree with the point of the AMA dropping the ball on the virus response , but then afterward Franklin agreed with a point of mine (remote club meetings) , Gee wiz , does that mean Franklin is actually one of , , , , , , , , MY minions ?!?!?!?!? Oh the horror , can Franklin actually arouse such passion in anyone else , , , but you ?!?!?!? ...... Your cover up act is tired , ya might as well just come on outta the closet with your obvious attraction for the guy

Last edited by init4fun; 04-09-2020 at 09:18 AM.