RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Learjet 40
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 02:02 PM
JCavadas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all,

today I finished the cowl and hatch, installed the elevator and rudder servos, and finished the woodwork on the fuselage and started covering.
I decided not to install the Delta fins on this model, because I am very concerned with the way they will affect the flight. On the real Learjet 31 they are positioned with an angle of attack of approximately -7º, but that is taking the effect of the raisbeck locker profile and engine positions, and this is not a full scale model, invalidating those conditions. Anyway, it would be a very time consuming task to make all necessary testing before the maiden flight.
The cowl is secured with 3 neodymium magnets and the hatch with 4. Both are completely secure. I really like the no screws options.
The elevators are controlled by a single HS-5745MG (7 Kg 0.12s) and the rudder with a HS-475HB (4.4Kg), both already installed.

Tomorrow I will post the video detailing a little more these subjects and with two tips/tricks.

Front view: the spinner has a larger than noral gap to the cowl ring because there is no provision for cooling as this kit was intended for ic engines...this is were the cooling air will enter the cowl, and it will exit via the first two cm of the nose gear door.

another view of the motor-cowl alignment

Finished fuselage bottom

Starting covering. The scheme will be the one in the photo I posted earlier, all white and blue stripes. The problem is I did not find any white covering paper, so I used the scrap box to get some paper I would not use and will paint over it.

Fuselage servo installation. I had to enlarge the slot to the left in order to get some space for the elevator servo arm

That is all for today. All the best to you.