RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya MadCap - no reverse
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 04:17 AM
screechyboy79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya MadCap - no reverse

Hi Everyone,

So in these times of lockdown I decided to dig out my old Tamiya Madcap, give it a dust off, a clean and get her running again rejoining a hobby I havent done since the late 80's/early 90's.

Needed a new battery which I sourced online and the Ceramic Resistor was hanging on but clearly in need of replacing so I did just that which original "vintage" parts off Ebay.

Now the bit where I need some help... She accelorates and steers as expected but their is no reverse. The speed controller rotates form the Servo as expected and is on top of the metal contact but the engine never even attempts to reverse. I am honestly a bit baffled no loose wires just no reverse. I disconnected the speed controller from the Servo and i am able to make it work by moving it with my finger but as soon as i reconnect it to the server I get nothing, its as if connecting it to the Servo arm lifts it up slightly so there is not enough contact.

Any ideas? Anything else I should try or do i need to buy a new speed controller (annoyingly these all seem to come with the ceramic resistor i have just replaced : ()

Many thanks in advance for you wisdom!