RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 04:20 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

I heard from Pete again he made this classic Pete comment:

"Hi mike could you let lonnie know that the only radar gun at the field was owned by the 3d heli pilots, they had huge choppers with two batteries the size of house bricks. They used the speed gun to see whose chopper was fastest until i repeatedly passed them at low level flying the cmpro midget mustang, sob's would never let you know what you clocked so i took comfort out of scaring the bejeezus out of them and their expensive electric helicopters. Childish perhaps, but there was a lot of fun to had doing that "

It would give the field safety officer a heart attack but I do see the humor in it. In his defense I will say my pass experiences seem to indicate a good deal of hot shot Heli pilots can be a bit what we call uppity at times and darn right condescending. I believe the GP Shoestring ARF was based on Carl Goldberg's original winning Shoestring design, heck they bought out Carl Goldberg's company so it isn't much of a stretch they would recycle the design and just scale it a little bigger.

Last edited by FlyerInOKC; 05-09-2020 at 04:25 AM.